The New Year is just around the corner. There were some resolutions that you made last year that haven’t been fulfilled. You know it and I know it. But let’s agree to keep this our little secret. You have the chance to make a change for the better in the New Year. The excuses that you made last year won’t hold up because you are about to receive tips that’s guaranteed to make you achieve your fitness goals. So no more distractions or procrastinations will hold you back. It’s time to grab the bull by the horns and achieve everything that you want to achieve next year.
Write your goals on a piece of paper and place them on a wall where you will see it every morning.
This is the most important piece of advice that you need to implement to achieve your fitness goals. You need to set the goal that you want to achieve so that you have a clear direction on where to go and what to achieve.
Make sure you follow the SMART guide when setting up your goals. These should be:
– Knowing exactly what you want to achieve. For example, would you like to have a bodybuilding physique like Arnold Schwarzenegger?
– How will you measure your progress? For example, will you need to add 1kg of muscle every month?
– Who is needed to achieve the goal? Will it just be yourself? Do you need the help of others or do you need equipment to help you achieve your goal?
– Is it a realistic goal? For example, if you are 50kg and you want to bulk up to be 100kg in 1 year, it won’t be possible. A more attainable goal is to put on 5kg each year.
– How much time will you give yourself to achieve this goal.
Commit to taking 3 action steps every day.
You will only be able to achieve your goal if actions are taken every day. So make a promise to yourself that you will take at least 3 action steps every day that will allow you to achieve your goals.
Workout to your favourite music.
One of the easiest ways to get yourself pumped up and ready for a workout is by setting up your ‘Gym workout playlist” on your phone. Use Itunes or Spotify and create a playlist of back-to-back tracks that will keep you hyped all the way throughout your session.
Remember that achieving your exercise goals shouldn’t be a chore. If you feel like it is turning into something that you dislike or that you aren’t looking forward to, then revise your workout regime and see if there’s a way to inject a sense of fun into it. For example, if you need to go for a run, take a scenic run rather than doing your run on a treadmill
. Or even take it one step further and sign-up to a competitive race.
Now that you have the tools, it’s time for you to go and make things happen. Take a photo of yourself now; because in 12 months time, you are going to be a shadow of your former self.